|Status of our Golf Courses|
|By now most of you know that many of our golf courses are back open but some have chosen to remain closed or forced to remain closed like those in Greene County (WGC, CCN, Sugar Valley, WPAFB Courses and Beavercreek)|
Regardless of your position PLEASE REMEMBER IT IS SAFER TO STAY HOME to reduce your and others exposure.
|a golfers pledge|
|Through our stay at Home Order, we urge you to STAY AT HOME, we also know that until we are through the current order, any extended time and the gradual reduction of restrictions we must be realistic...So if you do go to the Golf Course we ask you to |
Our Golf Courses are working hard to provide you a Safe Environment, please follow all requirements and don't loiter with your friends when you are done. They just closed Hocking Hills State Park because they could not ensure Proper Social Distancing, our courses will only be able to remain open if we are all diligent. We are only as strong as our weakest link...Don't be that Link!
- Make Sure you have a Tee Time Before you Arrive!
- Not touch or remove the Flagstick
- Not drive to the Golf Course with anyone other than those you are isolating with!
- Not share equipment, be diligent about making sure you have what you need in your pockets and in your bag before you tee off. (No Bumming a Mark, a Tee or throwing them their ball after it comes it rest.)
- Don't Exchange Cash, there are plenty of Money Transfer Apps Out there.
- Dan't Shake Hands
- Get there just a few minutes before and leave directly after your round is over.
- Be Kind and Patient with All !
|We don't have live Golf, But...|
|If you are starting to explore our games rich history one of the ways to look back and still fill your much needed Late Afternoon of Golf Action is through YouTube and the Shell Wonderful World of Golf Video's. Our Featured Videos for this weekend are.|
1962 - Gary Player vs Peter Thomson at the Royal Melbourne Golf Club
1994 Greg Norman vs Nick Faldo at the Sunningdale Golf Club
|WHAT THE AMENDED STAY AT HOME ORDER ADDED |
|For the moment we are allowed to play golf, but it's important that you understand it is not business as usual. In the recently amended order that Dr. Acton signed to go into effect on Tuesday there is a provision stating "Organized Recreational Sports Leagues Not Allowed". |
To View the Amended Order
|choosing to stay at home? what you can do golf related !|
|Attend an Online Certification Class|
|The Online Certification consists of four educational video segments, with each segment made available after the previous one has been viewed. || |
After all segments have been completed an Open Book, 20 question quiz will take place with 16 or more correct answers needed to attain Certification.
|You can take this quiz as many times as you like to achieve certification.|
|To Take Start the Process|| |
Visit our World Handicap Resources Pages
Visit and Find all our Typo's on Miami Valley Golf
Watch Some of Our Video's on our YouTube Channel
|Read a Golf Book |
|While Tripp will not be visiting us anytime soon, this is still a great book to read... |
Ever wonder what it would be like to grow up at Augusta National Golf Club and be mentored from a very early age by the Legendary Freddie Bennett their caddie master?
Purchase a copy of "Freddie & Me" from Tripp's webpage
|Nominate someone for the Dayton Golf Hall of Fame |
| The Dayton Amateur Golf Hall of Fame began in 1978 when Vin Hilton, Bob Kepler, Bob Servis and Janet Shock Beardsley where the inaugural inductees. In the almost 42 years since that first induction, there have been an additional 65 people added to it's roster. |
Nominations for the class of 2020 can be made either online or by downloading this PDF and sending it to the Dayton Golf Office. Nominations are due by July 1.
To view Past Inductees
|A FEW PRECAUTIONS OUR COURSES ARE TAKING..|
Ever Evolving Best Practices for Golfers
- Asking you not to remove flagsticks and placing foam or PVC inserts to prevent the ball from dropping to the bottom of the cup. This will likely require a local rule for balls hitting the flagstick or reflecting off of the insert. Other facilities are raising the cup liners to ensure deflection. (Decision on Posting Scores From USGA - Yes)
- Space out tee times integrals, cancelling leagues, events and shotgun starts,
- Close the clubhouses and stop or greatly restrict food and beverage services to ensure only carry out is possible.
- Spread out check in areas and cart staging, not all counties allow carts, and in some cases move fee collections and registration outside or only online.
- Require single rider carts except in cases of those who are isolating together. (There is not enough cart inventory for this, so you may want to consider walking if at all possible.)
- Staffs may be wearing disposable gloves and mask.
- Facilities may not accept cash payments to reduce touch points or require advanced check in and fee payments prior to arrival.
- If a private club, they may limit outside guest play, require you to handle your own clubs and forgo bag storage.
- Facilities will remove bunker rakes, divot bottles and sand boxes, please replace your divots and smoothen the bunker after your shot with the back of your wedge.
|Please keep in mind that everyone is coming to terms with our new normal and it is ever evolving, so please be patient with operators, their staffs and each other so that we can all continue to enjoy this great game as we enter our new season! |
|Send Additional Questions to email@example.com |
|Q: If I don't hole out in the "Traditional Sense" do I still post my score ? |
|A: Yes, While in all of these instances, the ball is not holed per the Rules of Golf (Rule 3.3c), a round played under these conditions will result in an acceptable score for handicap purposes using the most likely score guidelines (see Rule 3.3 of the Rules of Handicapping). |
|Q: How can I post my score if the clubhouse is closed ?|
|A: Given the current concerns of spreading the Coronavirus, we are recommending that you use the USGA-GHIN Mobile App or post through our site or ghin.com. This is also a good recommendation moving forward and we will likely begin phasing out our Scoring Kiosks wherever possible to avoid future contaminations. |
|Q: I can't post a score as it says I'm inactive and I can't go into the Golf Shop to renew.|
|A: You can renew at almost all of our Public Access Facilities by following this link and selecting where you play the most golf |
|Q: What is the status of MVGA, DDWGA and Masters Events - Updated|
|A: At this time we have cancelled everything through the end of the amended Stay at Home Order (May 1st), and suspended event registrations as it is likely adjustments will be made with respect to field size and F & B to ensure good Social Distancing Measures are taken into account well into when organized play may begin.|
|when to NOT post your scores |
|March 15th signaled the start of the New Score Posting Season in the Miami Valley. Here are a few things to remember when it comes to NOT posting your score. All other times you should!|
So, don't post your score....
- When your score can’t be verified by another person
- While being coached on the course
- When you play using non-conforming clubs, non-conforming balls, or non-conforming tees;
- When you don't play the required number of holes, Less than 6 for 9, less than 14 for 18. For the holes you haven’t played, you post net par for the hole.
- And when you are not playing your own ball — scrambles, shambles or foursomes (alternate shot).
And remember...A key tenet of the World Handicap System is that it is based on the fact that a you will try to make the best score at every hole in every round.
So you post just about everything and that includes scores when you play Preferred Lies or adapting to modified Holes due to the Coronavirus !
|2020 Play More Golf Challenge|
|Back by popular demand for the second season...The 2020 Season Challenge to post more rounds of golf during our active season than you did in 2019. |
The Grand Prize will be a $750 Gift Certificate to the Miami Valley Golf Shop of the winners choosing.
The drawing will be held in early December. Chances for wining the Grand Prize will increase based on the number of scores posted over their 2019 total.
To be eligible you must have posted at least 5 rounds in 2019.
To register or for more details
|USGA ANNUAL MEETING |
|Ever wonder what a USGA Annual Meeting is like? |
Here is their presentation on Facebook Live. You hear a Presentation from Mike Davis and the relaunch of the US Open Brand.
Click Here or On the Video to View
|About the Banner: The look of a ball coming to rest next to the Flagstick|
|UPCOMING EVENTS |
|2020 Non Playing Events|
|Sun, Apr 5 - Tripp Bowden - Fredie and Me - Moraine CC - Cancelled|
|Mon, Apr 6 - Course Rating Calibration - Suspended|
|Wed, Apr 15 - Master Club Rep Meeting - Cancelled|
|Wed, July 1st - Nominations Due for Dayton Hall of Fame |
|2020 Tournament Season - Registration Suspended for Now|
|Mon, May 4 - Spring Better Ball - Sugar Valley GC - Info|
|Mon, May 11 - Masters Event - Walnut Grove CC - Info|
|Mon, May 18 - DDWGA Shamble - Urbana CC - Info|
|Tue, May 26 - Ohio Amateur Q - NCR CC - North Course - Info|
|Mon, June 8 - US Open Final - Springfield CC - Info|
|Mon, June 15 - DDWGA Twin BB - CCN - Info|
|Mon, June 22 - Masters Event - Piqua CC - Info|
|Thu, July 9 - USGA Women's Am Q - Walnut Grove CC|
|Mon, July 13 - USGA Men's Am Q - Moraine CC |
|Thurs, July 23 - Sun, July 26 - Metropolitan - Piqua CC|
|Mon, Aug 10th - The Mercedes Benz Dealer Championship - Moraine CC |
|Mon, Aug 17th - Masters Event - CC of the North |
|Mon, Aug 31st - DDWGA Classic - Piqua CC |
|See all the 2020 Calendars |
|Order a MVGA Wall Calendar for 2020 |
|LINKS TO COLLEGE GOLF TEAMS - SPRING 2020 Season Canceled|
|Cedarville Men's Program|
U of Cincinnati Women's Program
Dayton Ladies Program
Dayton Men's Program
Urbana Women's Program
Urbana Men's Program
Wittenberg Women's Program
Wittenberg Men's Program
Wright State Men's Program
|E-MAGAZINES - FOR YOUR GOLF FIX|
|Ohio Golf Journal |
The Fried Egg
The Morning Read
Global Golf Post
From the Short Grass Archive
|PODCAST - FOR YOUR DRIVE TIME|
The Shotgun Start
The Fried Egg
No Laying Up
18 Strong- Golf Fitness
Coach Glass - Golf Fitness
|MIAMI VALLEY GOLF SOCIAL|
|GOLF EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES|
|Thanks to our PARTNERS|
|To become a Partner for 2020 please email firstname.lastname@example.org |