Please complete and submit the form below. Select all dates that you are interested in volunteering for, we will be in touch with you shortly.
Below is a description of the primary positions we utilize volunteers.
Scorers are required to input scores on a smartphone using an app called Golf Genius. Most of the time, scorers will have access to a golf cart and will sit in a stationary location to update scores for each group that passes through. Some events will require walking scorers, where the scorer will walk along with the same group for the duration of time. The scorer position is essential so that live scores can be updated for all to view.
Spotter / Forecaddie
Some events require spotters to assist with tournament flow and pace of play. They will stand or sit in a particular location and help to find balls or indicate the direction that a ball was hit.
Rules Officials are used for our Associations’ summer tournaments. A committee of officials (up to 12 per tournament) support the Lead Officials provided by the Association. Rules Officials are expected to attended and keep current on the Rules of Golf and reimbursement may be available for education fees upon volunteer contribution.
Registration / Volunteer Support / Transportation
Registration Volunteers are utilized to help scan tickets, greet spectators and answer questions. Volunteer Support Volunteers help with lunch delivery, run breaks for those out on the course and to fill in where needed. Transportation volunteers may help with driving people around the course as necessary.
VOLUNTEER: Day of event Information
Please fill out the form below
- Volunteers are asked to wear yellow polos and khaki pants/shorts. Rules officials are asked to wear blue or USGA approved apparel and khaki pants/shorts.
- Wear comfortable shoes and remember to bring a hat, sunglasses, rain gear, chair etc. if needed.
- Remember to bring a phone charger/ power pack if you have one.
- It would be a good idea to bring snacks and water. Lunch will be provided.
- Volunteers are asked to arrive 20-30min prior to your scheduled start time.
- Please always check-in at the designated volunteer area before heading to your position.
- Scorers are required to have the Golf Genius App downloaded to your phone.
- If you are scheduled at a scoring station, this means you will be sitting in a golf cart at a specific location.
- If you are scheduled as a walking scorer, this means you will be walking along with a particular group.
- A volunteer name badge will be given to you on your first shift and we ask that you keep it and wear it every time you volunteer.
- You will receive reminder emails and texts leading up to the day of each event.
- We are always monitoring the weather so if anything changes, you will be notified.
- Keep in mind that dates and tee times are subject to change.
- If you are scheduled for an event that you can no longer volunteer for, please let the volunteer coordinator know ASAP.
PHOTO UPLOADClick the link to upload a photo of yourself from the shoulders up so that I can create your volunteer badge.Upload My Photo
VOLUNTEER SPOTLIGHT FORM
Every month I put together an article highlighting one of our volunteers called the Volunteer Spotlight. It is a great way to recognize the wonderful contributions that you all make to our organization. It is also a way to get to know each of you and your life outside of golf. If you have not already been in the volunteer spotlight article, please take a few minutes and fill out this form so that I can write an article about you at some point in the year. Please be as detailed as possible in your response and don't share anything that you wouldn't want to be publicized. Here is the link to the form >>> Volunteer Spotlight Form
FACEBOOKJoin our volunteer Facebook Group here >>> Miami Valley Golf Volunteer Facebook Page
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR Heather Strickland - email@example.com